Dafnos Italian Grille
1190 W CHOCOLATE AVE
HUMMELSTOWN, PA 17036
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on December 9, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Dafnos Italian Grille in Hummelstown was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 8 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Food preparation is occurring next to and below hand wash sink and towel dispenser. Paint is peeling and chipped on ceiling above prep table.
- Food facility has an original certificate posted, but the location is not conspicuous for public viewing.
- The hand wash sink located in the employee 2nd floor area does not have water at a temperature of at least 100°F. Ladies room hand wash sink does not have water at a temperature of at least 100 F.
- Paper towel dispenser empty at the hand wash sink in the employee 2nd floor area.
- Open employee’s beverage containers were observed in food prep and ware washing areas.
- Refrigerated ready to eat, time/temperature control for safety food prepared in the food facility and held for more than 24 hours, located in refrigeration units, is not being date marked.
- The following surfaces are not clean to site and touch: Floor and equipment at fryers and flat top grill, door handle to walk in cooler and door gaskets on refrigeration equipment.
Harrisburg Police seek to identify “protesters” they allege were involved in criminal mischief
Harrisburg Police arrest man wanted for 2017 assault with miniature baseball bat, 2015 rape