Petr Kostenetskiy gets 36 months in federal prison for Jefferson Township bank robbery
Scranton man, David Bomboy, pleads guilty to Methamphetamine trafficking in federal court
US Attorney; Feds charge 11 people in alleged drug trafficking ring in NEPA
Kava Korner in Shavertown
217 Carverton RD
Trucksville, PA 18708
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on September 9, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due the severity of the specific violations the Kava Korner was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations.
A total of 11 violations were cited.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Bulk food ingredient (flour) storage container, in the back room, was not labeled with the common name of the food. The container was labeled during this inspection.
- The hand wash sink in the prep area was blocked by a trash can and a sign and not accessible at all times for employee use. The trash can and sign were moved during this inspection.
- Observed a bucket of french fries stored directly on the floor in prep area, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required.
- Three containers of Pasta salad for Personal use was not labeled ” for personal use” food items. The containers were labeled “Not for sale ” during this inspection.
- Many stored plates and dishes that were ready for use, were observed to have food residue on the food contact surfaces, and was not clean to sight and touch. The dishes were placed into the sink for cleaning and sanitizing during this inspection.
- Stored ready to use frying pan at cook line, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch. The pan was cleaned and sanitized during this inspection.
- The french fry cutter blade and frame, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch. The french fry cutter was cleaned and sanitized during this inspection.
- Paper towel dispenser empty at the hand wash sink in the prep area. Paper towels were placed at the sink during this inspection.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Raw eggs stored above ready to eat foods in the reach in refrigeration unit in the back room. The eggs were moved to the bottom shelf during this inspection.
- Observed food/beverages stored in several non-food grade buckets.
- Build up of grease on the ventilation hood, hood filters and the stainless wall covering behind the cook line.
- Two of four hood vent missing and need to be installed.