Red Lion, PA
New Lucky Seven Chinese Restaurant
8 Dairyland Square
Red Lion, PA 17356
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on December 27, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the New Lucky Seven Chinese Restaurant in Red Lion was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 11 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed numerous food items within walk-in cooler stored open with no covering at the time of inspection.
- Underside of Bain Marie hood closure located on cooks line having an large accumulation of soil and old residue and in need of cleaning at this time.
- Observed upright oven/smoker located on cooks line having an large accumulation of encrusted grease build-up along the outside areas of unit and in need of cleaning.
- Shelving and inside of Bain Maire refrigerator unit, non-food contact surfaces not cleaned at a frequency to preclude large accumulation of dirt and old food soil.
- Observed door jams/grooves of Pepsi refrigerator unit(self serve) heavily soiled with deceased insects, dirt and dust debris and in need of cleaning at this time.
- Shelving units on cooks line and above three(3) compartment sink, the is made of wood and is cracked / roughened / and is not a smooth, easily cleanable surface.
- Food facility is using duct tape to repair the plumbing system, which is not an approved material.
- Hood vents and suppression lines above wok/grill area having an large accumulation of encrusted/liquid grease build-up and in need of cleaning at this time.
- Observed fan grate within walk-in cooler(areas around) and dining area ceiling fan having an large build-up of static dust accumulation and in need of cleaning.
- Pre-cooked egg rolls and won-tons stored inside of bin on menu paper at the time of inspection.
- Observed inside of microwave unit, a food contact surface, having old caked on food residue and food splash and was not clean to sight and touch at the time of inspection.
- Numerous ceiling tiles damaged and heavily soiled(water damage) within rear area of food facility and need replaced.
- Observed flooring and PVC piping underneath three(3) compartment sink, is extremely dirty, dusty, and in need of cleaning.
- Flooring underneath wok/grill area of the food facility is extremely dirty with black soot, dirt and old food debris and in need of cleaning at this time.
Vacant Thomasville mobile home goes up in flames, authorities investigate cause, no injuries
Tractor Trailer catches fire after fuel leak in Dover Township, York County