437 S Main ST
Shrewsbury, PA 17361
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 4/8/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Sal’s Pizza was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 7 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed pizza prep area table-top cracked and in need of replacement at the time of inspection.
- A Food Employee was observed washing their hands at the three compartment sink rather than the designated hand wash sink.
- Door in the rear area of facility, is open, unscreened, and does not protect against the entry of insects, rodents, and other animals.
- Observed flooring underneath and behind equipment throughout the food facility is extremely dirty, dusty, and in need of cleaning.
- Inside of ice machine, a food contact surface, having a black slimy moldy like substance forming along shield area and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Observed Food facility using duct tape to repair the plumbing system(PVC piping), which is not an approved material.
Vacant Thomasville mobile home goes up in flames, authorities investigate cause, no injuries
Tractor Trailer catches fire after fuel leak in Dover Township, York County