1099 HAINES RD
YORK, PA 17402
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 3/6/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Rutters #1 in York was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 11 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Food Employee observed donning single use gloves without a prior hand wash.
- Sliced apples, celery/carrot cups, time temperature control for safety drinks were held at 50–52 °F, in the open air display cold holding, rather than 41°F or below as required. Approximately 12 lb of food voluntarily discarded. Valued by manager at $72.
- Observed employee pour used/expired wiping cloth solution in the hand sink located in the customer order preparation area.
- Floor under trash cupboards and equipment in the food order preparation area of the food facility is extremely dirty, dusty, and in need of cleaning.
- Food storage containers and food pans stacked and stored as clean, food contact surfaces, observed to have sticker residue and are not clean to sight and touch.
- Paper towel dispenser empty at the hand wash sink in the food order preparation area.
- Observed food employee sweeping food preparation floor with a push broom. Only dustless cleaning methods should be used in a food facility.
- Non-food contact surfaces such as cupboard handles, storage shelving, cupboard doors, not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of dirt and soil.
- Observed single use drinking cups, cup lids and straws stored inside cupboard under the fountain soda machine that were visibly wet/soiled. Items were discarded.
- The Person in Charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed panini cooking equipment, and hot holding drawer unit in the food order preparation area, with encrusted grease and soil accumulation.
- Observed food storage containers, in the clean smallwares storage area that are not clean to sight and touch.
Vacant Thomasville mobile home goes up in flames, authorities investigate cause, no injuries
Tractor Trailer catches fire after fuel leak in Dover Township, York County