Wendy’s in York on Springwood
2060 SPRINGWOOD RD
YORK, PA 17403
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 3, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Wendy’s in York on Springwood was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 9 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed ceiling vents within front prep area having static dust accumulation and in need of cleaning.
- Numerous floor drains throughout food facility heavily soiled with black and grayish slimy material, trash and old food debris. Drains also producing a stench and in need of immediate cleaning at this time.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Observed inside of refrigerator units(front area) having dirt, soil(greenish material) and old food debris and in need of immediate cleaning.
- Fryers(cooking equipment) having an large accumulation of encrusted grease and dirt residue on top/sides areas of unit surfaces and in need of cleaning.
- Clean lid holders/storage bin located by drive-thru area was observed having black soil inside of holders and in need of immediate cleaning.
- Prep table in rear soiled with food splash and old food debris and in need of immediate cleaning.
- Observed toaster oven having large build-up of food debris(crumbs) and in need of cleaning.
- Plumbing system not maintained in good repair – observed three(3) compartment sink leaking at the bottom area PVC piping and in need of repair.
- Observed cookie storage/holding container located on front counter, cracked and doesn’t stay in closed(remains open) and in need of repair or replaced at the time of inspection.
- Observed the inside of microwave unit soiled with old food splash and in need of immediate cleaning.
- Observed flooring inside of walk-in cooler is heavily soiled with trash, dirt and old food debris and in need of cleaning at this time.
- Flooring underneath fryers of the food facility is extremely dirty, with large liquid grease spill and old food debris and in need of cleaning.
- Observed flooring and mop sink within rear area of the food facility is extremely dirty, dusty, and in need of immediate cleaning.
Vacant Thomasville mobile home goes up in flames, authorities investigate cause, no injuries
Tractor Trailer catches fire after fuel leak in Dover Township, York County