Camp Hill, PA
Panera Bread in Camp Hill
1500 Camp Hill MALL
Camp Hill, PA 17011
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 9, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Panera Bread in Camp Hill was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 11violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Food preparation observed in areas of active construction / repair without effective protection or separation of food preparation.
- Cold hold unit, a food contact surface, was observed to have food residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
- Kitchen area of the food facility is extremely dirty, dusty, and in need of cleaning.
- Food employees observed in Prep area, not wearing proper hair restraints, such as nets, hats, or beard covers.
- Not enough drainboards, utensil racks, or tables to allow for storage of soiled and/or cleaned items before and after cleaning.
- Observed cooking equipment / pans, in the Bakery area, with encrusted grease and soil accumulation.
- Observed equipment, in Kitchen area, with an accumulation of dust, dirt, food residue, debris on non-food contact surfaces.
- Non-food contact surfaces not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of dirt and soil.
- The handwash sink in the Prep area was blocked by Trash Can and not accessible at all times for employee use.
- Food Employees observed working with exposed foods with fingernail polish and / or artificial fingernails.
- Deli Meats food observed thawing in standing water in the * sink, which is not an approved thawing method.
Upper Allen Police say 43 year old woman they say injured family member in assault
Child struck in hit-a-run accident in Upper Allen Township